Martin Sampson of Sampson Training Solutions is a leading grounds maintenance consultant and training provider who offers a complete package for the amenity and professional turf industry.
Martin provides high quality training and/or assessment of grounds maintenance staff in the safe use of pesticides, grounds maintenance machinery and health and safety. He also offers an in depth consultancy service for the management of training and development of all staff within the industry.
With over 30 years experience Martin commenced his career in the valleys of South Wales with Taff Ely Borough Council, where he learnt his trade as a groundsman, eventually achieving the post of Area Grounds Maintenance Officer for Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council. Martin departed Wales in 2000 to pursue his career further in variety of prestigious facilities.
- Gosling Sports Park, Welwyn Garden City
- Head Groundsman – NEC Harlequins
- Director of Grounds – Epsom College
- Grounds Maintenance Manager – Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School, Twickenham
- Grounds Manager – Alton Town Council, Hampshire
Martin holds a number of qualifications, including:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Training of Land-based skills
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Assessment of Land-based skills
- Lantra EPA (End Point Assessment) Assessor for Sports Turf and Greenkeeping courses (in conjunction with Landex)
- National Practical Certificate in the Science and Practice of Turf Culture and Sports Ground Management
- National Technical Certificate in the Science of Turf Culture and Sports Ground Management
- For 3 years he was an FA appointed Pitch Judge for the Groundsman of the Year Award
In 2018 Martin became an official UKRS Approved Training Provider & Instructor delivering a wide option of courses within the Grounds Industry.
As of 2019 Martin is now working in conjunction with Plumpton College, delivering Lantra Sports Turf Operative Apprenticeship Courses. Alongside this he is also instructing City & Guilds GTC Greenkeeping and Sports Turf Courses.
High quality, professional consultancy service available to industry clients, covering all areas of groundcare.
Delivering nationwide NPTC City & Guilds courses, including safe use of pesticides, tractors, machinery and handheld equipment. In addition, a portfolio of Lantra Accredited Sports Ground Maintenance courses is available.
Are you a Training Provider looking for an Accredited Assessor or are you a bespoke client looking to be assessed by a Lantra Accredited professional?
Introducing the man behind the spray mask
When Martin has not got his training hat on he likes to spend time with his Rottie, Nessie trailing the Dorset coastline.
An avid rugby supporter, Martin is often cheering on the Harlequins, loyal to his previous place of work whilst also fiercely defending and not forgetting his welsh roots when the World Cup comes around.
Not one to shy away from any challenge, Martin likes to keep himself busy in his downtime visiting the Austrian slopes for his annual Ski holiday.